Friday, September 21, 2012

Today's Apocalypse Sign: The Weekend In Black And White

The last few years I have taken to getting my wife a wedding anniversary gift from justpaperroses.com. This past year was steel (11 yrs). So I got her a half dozen steel roses. Just playing around one Saturday I shot a few B&W pictures using my new macro lense. Here is one.


Steel Roses

Enlarge for effect...

Linking to The Weekend In Black And White

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is awesome, Chuck! Thought they were real at first and you'd done something to them in Photoshop.

Nancy Thompson said...

Cool steel roses! *sigh*. My hubs never gives me flowers: steel, paper, or otherwise.

HansHB said...

Great post, very good edit makes your post perfect for B&W!

Chuck said...

Alex: Nope, I took several shots with different lighting all in B&W and this was one of the best. No enhancement or retouching at all.

Nancy: I always hated getting real flowers because they just didn't last. This site is so cool. I have bronze, pottery, aluminum, and steel roses that I got my wife for our last four anniversaries. Usually just two of that years style (one for each of us) and a vase but for the steel ones I decided to get 6 and a steel vase...these are some heavy suckers! They are nice conversation pieces and will last forever. I would be glad to send your husband the site address :)

HanHB: Thanks! Only edit was a slight cropping...very slight, just to center the image.

AmitAag said...

An awesome click indeed! Thank you Chuck!!

Monica S Engell said...

What a great idea for an anniversary gift!! Great b&w photo, and congratuleations with your new lense!
:)

Kranky Granny said...

Your photo is amazing but your originality and thoughtfulness is even more so.

I visited your link and was blown away by some of the items they offer. I have to admit that I would not be impressed by finding the "proposal" or "anniversary" toilet paper in my bathroom. But, I could see installing it in the restrooms of the reception site. I can just here the comments from the guest now.

Chuck said...

Robert: Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

Amit: Thank you. I enjoyed your entry this week as well.

Monica: Yeah it was one of my rare moments of romantic inspiration ;) The lens is great...I have even used some extension tubes and magnifiers on it and, WOW, how close can you go??

Rita: Thank you Rita. My wife thought it was a cool thing too... so now she knows generally what is coming but not specifically what, until the day. It's been pretty neat so far.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Who've thought steel roses would look beautiful. They do.

Happy steel anniversary.
xoRobyn

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Chuck .. original thought and I love the idea - what fun. 11 years for steel ... interesting. I love black and white - so your connecting bridge too ..

Love the photo .. cheers and happy anniversary to both of you .. Hilary

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....Chuck, this is stunning!!!!

And happy, happy anniversary [belated, but still filled with sincerity!!]

Jeremy [Retro] said...

chuck that is the coolest gift ever, and a lady who loves steel roses... now she that is a keeper. to me it sounds like a 90s band... that i would have listened to.

Dragonstar said...

Beautiful! Perfect macro.

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! It almost looks like they are CG. Nice pic Chuck!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails