Friday, April 15, 2011
Today’s Apocalypse Sign: M Can Only Be For Monkeys!
Today, the letter M can only really be for one thing...Monkeys! Those fun-loving, free-swinging, caca-throwing imps of the jungle and comedy. If you are having a bad day, anything to do with monkeys will make it better. Even David Letterman has a oft-quoted schtick about monkeys, where he states, " I wouldn't give my/his/her troubles to a monkey on a rock!". The band and the audience participate and it is great fun while never failing to make me chuckle. Monkeys are just THAT much fun.
My wife and I even have a stuffed monkey (aka Travel Monkey) that we take with us on vacation. He usually steals the show and is a great conversation starter.
I did a post about this monkey a year or so ago. Tell me that you didn't break into a little grin (like I did) when you read the line, "What we're really doing is turning him into a drug addict".
This monkey story is just as funny. Pray tell what species of monkey IS native to San Antonio, TX??? I ask you!
Finally, why couldn't a monkey be a service animal? 'Cause the judge said so!
Okay, one more, just in case you didn't believe humans and monkeys are closely related...this test seals it!
It seems if one were going for the fun and merriment of the above articles, the macaque monkey is the way to go. And here I always thought that capuchin monkeys were the bomb!
You can go finger monkey:
Macaque monkey:
Sock Monkey:
How to make a sock monkey:
Jabba The Monkey:
Or even 12 Monkeys:
But beware of the gorilla, they don't take shit from anyone:
Until tomorrow...let a little monkey fun into your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
gosh who doesn't love the monkeys... it's like smaller versions of us.
A to Z Blog Challenge Participant
Jeremy [iZombie]
izombielover.blogspot.com
Well, you've won my vote for best M day post! And thanks for the great laughs. The finger monkey is precious.
Didn't Letterman also ask Chris Elliot if he wanted to buy a monkey?
Jeremy: That's what I think too! Thansk for stopping by and I'll visit your blog shortly. Have fun with the challenge.
Gail: Thank you for your vote! It made me laugh just writing the post and reviewing some of the articles...come to think of it monkeys always make me laugh!
Alex: I believe you are correct sir! I forgot about that. This challenege has been a lot of fun, I'm glad I participated.
Post a Comment