Saturday, September 3, 2011

Today's Apocalypse Sign: Are They Dead or Do They Just Look That Way?

Paul Newman Dead - at 83


This is a semi-morbid post (for some people) and a curiosity of mine.

Why is it so hard to remember if famous people are dead or alive? I randomly wonder, "Hey, is so-an-so still alive?" Some I can remember easily, some give me pause, and some I just can't ever get right. Hopefully this is not some early onset dementia symptom. Just to test that theory, can you get all these right? Answers not included...


Jerry Lewis

Kirk Douglas

Jimmy Carter (ex-prez)

Chuck Norris (just kidding, death cannot kick Chuck Norris' ass!)

Dick Van Dyke

Mary Tyler Moore

Marlo Thomas

Wilfred Brimley

Malcolm McDowell

Robert Redford

Elizabeth Montgomery

Lindsay Lohan ( wha- what??)

David Cassidy

Kris Kristofferson

I know there are others I think this of when I here their name mentioned but you get the idea. Is this a good dead pool list?

Does this ever happen to you?  Do you have any names to add?

3 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I like that you included Lindsay. (Appearances can be deceiving.) I met Kris K. a few years ago and he looked healthy then. Great list. I'm not sure about some of these folks.
xoRobyn

Pat Tillett said...

I usually have no idea who is dead or alive. I'm always surprised during that part of the Oscars or the grammies, when they show a list of names of people in the industries who have died. I think with some of them like Paul Newman, we hear his name so much that even if he was dead (is he?), it wouldn't seem like it.

Chuck said...

Robyn: I threw her in just to see if you were paying attention. Plus at the rate she's going, she'll get shanked in the Big House before she's 30.

Pat: You are right about the memory lists...there are always a few surprises that I never remember hearing about when they happened. Then I'm still surprised a year or two later to find out they're dead.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails